Monday, May 22, 2017

I think I'm averaging one every other week a this point, and that's not counting the people I hear of passing that I knew but didn't really know well.  This time it is someone I considered to be a very close friend.  Admittedly, we haven't gotten to spend much time together as of late, but we had a get together on the calendar - it was scheduled for this month and put off until closer to the normal birthday celebrations.  We had been emailing recently as she was bored on home lockdown with what started out at the beginning of the month as an asthma issue diagnosis, quickly turned into a pneumonia diagnosis, and was leading towards other tests later this week when the antibiotics didn't seem to give the improvement that was anticipated.

I can't put a name out there since the obituary hasn't been posted yet and I'm sure people are still being notified, but I couldn't go to bed without putting my love out into the universe.  My friend, I will miss you.  I cannot believe this is where we are this evening.  You were too young.  This makes no sense and I'm angry that your doctor dismissed you on the 1st, leading you quickly down this path.  You were so excited for our big news and not only will you not get to meet her, but you didn't even get to see me all fattened up.  I will cherish the books you sent for her and think of you every time we read from them.  Rest in peace.

To my other friends, if you are not feeling well, I do not care what your doctor tells you.  Find a new doctor who will get to the root of the problem.  You are more important to so many people than that one medical professional would have you believe.

No comments: