Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I should be in a good mood... I've had some good news today, but I'm also frustrated.  Let's get those tidbits out of the way first.

Contractors - yes, I do want the work done, but I need to have a quote from you so I'm not surprised or trapped.  I mean, is that really too much to ask for?  Also, needing to ask you back and forth to clarify the oddities on a quote are tedious.  The carpets are dry... but I can also see there was some furniture not moved and cleaned under.  Yeah, that doesn't please me either.

There is also the continued feeling of hemorrhaging money.  I know it costs more to have other people do things for you... but sometimes it is ridiculous and you feel like you're being taken for a ride because they know you're on a timeline.  It wouldn't even be such a huge timeline if it didn't take a week or more to get the quote.  Oh - and then I had a telemarketer call that was unfortunate enough in that I answered the phone thinking it could have been someone I needed to talk to.

Now the good stuff... a question was raised the other day regarding the zoning of my house.  Believe me this was a very bad and stressful thing for the past couple of days.  Fact is, the apartment was an apartment (rented out even) when the house was purchased so many years ago.  To even think that it could have been zoned and marked as a single family residence?  Ugh.  I don't even want to think about what that could have meant if I hadn't gotten the good news that the updated maps show it properly.

The other good stuff is that I have gotten my answer at work, and it is the one I wanted.  This should leave me overjoyed and it should override all of the other annoyances today - but I can't even fully bask in it.  And bask in it I should!  I feel like this was an answered prayer - one that I finally put down and allowed God to pick it up by setting the date to put the house on the market.  I'm doubting so much about direction and it all boils down to having a safe place to lean.  I'm ready to not do this all on my own any more - but I still feel alone.  That speaks too loudly for me.

No comments: