Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I came home last night craving sushi. Since I was able to convince Beff to join me we had a quick dinner before I headed home to get on my to do list for the evening. Working out took place while I waited for cookie dough sitting in the fridge.

I ended up with Mom's pizzelle maker, and I didn't want it just sitting in the basement unloved, so I figured I should suck it up and bring it out. I have several comments on this:

1). My kitchen just isn't the right place for this activity, it feels wrong to not have an open bar area on which to make these.
2). I can't believe my mother allowed me to make all of those on that thing, it is hotter than I remembered it to be. It has really been a long time since I've made them.
3). I looked online for a couple of days, seeking a recipe, not knowing that she had left the original paperwork inside the box, including her markings on which of the recipes that came with it were better than others. Oddly the recipes in the box all called for oil instead of butter or margarine like the recipes I was finding online. I went ahead and trusted Mom and tried the one marked "best". Now, I don't have anise, so that didn't happen. Instead I used some vanilla. They taste well enough, but they were pretty soft, even the ones I left cooking for 40 seconds instead of 30.

Tonight is chocolate chip for my Favorite Egg.

Side note - I find it entertaining that Royal Caribbean announced that Empress is returning to the fleet. This is something I heard a while back and was ASSURED was not the case back on my October cruise when I mentioned it to a RC employee. Ha!

No comments: