Sunday, September 06, 2015

Day one of the long weekend down... it was a busy one.  I headed to Altoona after sleeping in a wee bit, having my coffee, and getting myself in respectable order.  I went earlier than necessary so I could visit the Texas Roadhouse for lunch and the plan was to stop at Mom's, check in on things, add a lamp to the living room, etc.  Too bad I couldn't get in - they had the extra locks in place on the back and side doors (the only two places I have keys for).  While this was agitating, the worst part was the mental melt down that went with it.  It's funny the dumb things that make loosing your childhood home settle in just a little more.

From there I headed to a birthday celebration for my best friend from Jr High!  It was so good to see her and her family.  I spent so much time with them when I was younger.  They truly are people with whom it feels like no time has passed.

While all of this was going on my nephew was off asking his gal to be his wife!  So that happened - how old am I?

I eventually headed out and met Mithy and JPrib for a quick bite and a drink as well as a good deal of chit chat at the 'bi.  On the way home the stereo on the Tib started acting up (no power on the display but it kept playing the CD).  That would be displeasing.  I guess I need to try and re-seat the detachable face and hope that is what the problem is, even though I never detach the face for it to be poorly connected.  I guess we'll see.

Two potential visiting stops were nixed for tomorrow, so that makes it a little less hectic than it could have been, but since it's rather late, I best get my rear to bed as the weekend has just begun.

No comments: