Wednesday, February 04, 2015

I, like many girls, am a goo hoarder (a term I was introduced to by Jenna Marbles on YouTube - go ahead and look her and her goo hoarding video up).

It's true. I try to fight it. I tell myself I'm not going to buy another lip gloss, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, or hand soap until I use up my supply, which is ample for the apocolypse, but I eventually stray.

This of course leads to crammed shelves in the bathroom, which I've tried to remedy by clearing everything out and putting boxes of my hoard in the basement from which I can pull when I need to replentish the supplies currently in use. Slowly the shelf refills however. There has to be some type of therapy available for this.

I am also a candle hoarder. The power could be out for months, I'd be fine in the lighting aspect. Deodorant? Perfume? I have NO excuse for EVER smelling bad. Lipglosses? Oh my. But yet I cling to the one in my purse and on my desk at work, desperately trying to get the last little drop out before finally bringing out a replacement. Toothpaste? Get in line. I'm pretty sure I could load up every toothbrush in the township.

And heaven forbid if I do come close to running out of something. The time I realized I didn't have a backup can of shaving cream spiraled me into spurt purchasing of it - one here, one there, oh wait, this is my favorite scent and the other place didn't have it! Snag two more. I now have 6 cans of the crap downstairs, 2 on the shelf (one full sized and one travel sized - even though I never take shaving cream with me when I shower), and one in the shower.

No comments: