Sunday, February 01, 2015

Despite the calls for a looming major storm I sucked it up and headed to see my Favorite Egg.  I knew if I could just get past Somerset County that the roads would clear, and boy did they.  The roads around him were barely wet and I'd call what they had in way of snow a heavy dusting at most.  It's things like this that make me want to pronounce my distaste for Jtown all the more.  No worries though, I still did a great job ripping up my fingers with worry leading up to the trip.

This morning I was a bit worried as big, heavy flakes began to fall, but they quickly tapered off.  My drive home was almost spotless.  Sure some damp roads, but the temps are high enough that I didn't feel unsafe, and only a short spurt of heavy fog heading up the crest of the mountain.  One more month and we'll be working on wrapping up this cold weather crap, right?

We celebrated his birthday this weekend since we won't be able to see each other on the actual day.  In the mean time, my beloved Niecey-poo turned 21.  How does that happen?

No comments: