Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Time for a hot topic. Vaccination.
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/should-pediatricians-refuse-to-treat-unvaccinated-109319552502.html
This article kind of puts me on the side of the anti-vaccers, at least enough that I want to defend the stance slightly. This is the part that forces me to make "that face" at the argument to vaccinate: "In the meantime, you have unvaccinated children sitting in waiting rooms who pose a threat to other patients and the staff." Wait a second, I thought the kid who is at risk is the one who is UNvaccinated, right? Ya'll got your vaccines, you're suppose to be protected - how the hell is the unvaccinated kid a threat to you with your built up immunity? Oh, right - because VACCINES DON'T WORK.

Further, the doctors offices who are refusing to treat patients who are unvaccinated ... shame on you. What happened to do no harm? Sorry, no treatment for your flu because you didn't allow me to shoot you full of a mystery cocktail. At a minimum, you need to see the appointment with these patients (or parents of these children) as an opportunity to state the case you want to stand to vehemently behind.

To be clear, I don't know what I'd do if I had a kid, but I'd certainly be researching things and making aware decisions on vaccines rather than allowing doctors to just stick the living hell out of them w/all kinds of things.

Take for example the flu vaccine. Do I get it? I have some years and others not. Why? Because they aren't always effective and in some ways they scare me. Last year I did not get vaccinated because I could not locate a thimerosal free vaccine. Why are you adding all of this extra crap that doesn't need to be there? If you don't want a pregnant woman to have it - I don't want it. It's MERCURY for goodness sake. Now, if I don't get the vaccine and I get the flu, who do I blame? Me. If I got the vaccine, who do I blame? I dunno, but I want my money back for the vaccine, and it certainly isn't the other person who didn't get the flu vaccine I blame for me getting sick.

Let's look at the HPV vaccine from a few years ago. I was NOT happy that this was being forced on my teenage niece in the state she lived. I do think that some things are money-makers, not health-makers. I do worry about repercussions. I do wonder how much people will swallow, will a time come when we're told we need to all take this shot because our government said so?

No comments: