Monday, December 15, 2014

I am alive and well... so much to post about, but it will need to wait for another evening, when I'm caught up on, well, everything else.  I will say this much since my last post:  the weather has been kind for ALL of my travels through Thanksgiving and to date.  Fingers crossed that Christmas will be the same.

For Thanksgiving I did get down to Mom's the night before to spend a little quality time and to allow us to get out to my aunts early Thanksgiving morning to start cooking.  This represents the first time I think I've ever working side by side in the kitchen with my mother that she didn't want to kill me and then threw me out of the kitchen.  It was kind of nice to say we made a meal together (along with help from a cousin).  After our early in the day meal I was on the road to the burgh where I caught up my favorite Egg at his Aunt and Uncle's for one meal.  The next day we were back on the road for a second family meal.  It was nice to spend a little more time with the family members I've previously met and great to meet a few others, like his sister.

This and my vacation leave me in a state that I am NOT ready to weigh in for month 2 of my bet in just 5 days. I am thinking I need to try a short cleanse diet to try and kick start things again.

No comments: