Friday, November 14, 2014

Three posts in one day - do you think this was stressing me out?

So, Schmou did come to help.  We pop the hood and - uh - the terminal on the negative side is popped up off of the post.  For realz.  *sigh* so, snug it back on and charge that puppy up.  Since the battery is 5 years old I'm not taking chances, so I went and replaced it.  Of course, the saga doesn't end there.  The metal post on the side of the battery that attaches to a piece across the top to strap the battery down in place is rusted through.  Their initial recommendation:  a bungee cord.  Um no.  After some brainstorming they figured out how to get posts they had to work appropriately.

Battery tightly in place w/ new goo and felt pads.  I think Autumn is healthy once again and I, of course, was completely batshit crazy today for no reason.  Also, if I had just repopped the hood I would have sen that the terminal loosened up.  How I didn't notice it moving when I was jumping it I'll never know.

Sure Schmou gets to make fun of me for this from here until eternity but..
- since I jumped it and it ran for a couple of minutes I kind of have proof that it wasn't off the whole time
- it is still cheaper than replacing an alternator

No comments: