Monday, September 15, 2014

My trip past Greensburg on Saturday night went very well, it was to meet some of my dear Eggs' family. We had dinner at Rodney's in Irwin and I'm glad I took his Dad's advice and ordered the chicken parm.

It isn't a stretch to say I've experienced some interesting parents (usually mothers) with guys I've dated. To name a few, there was the one who sent me nasty messages on facebook and pretended to be someone else on there... and the one who, well, frankly loved her son just a little too much in a not quite right way. I was starting to get paranoid that every guy has mommy issues of some sort.

This was the most pleasant meeting ever, and they were so very sweet and kind to me as was the extended family that was there in celebration of a mix of birthdays that occur in September. Beware Eggs, my Mum has been asking about bringing you down, I hope you're prepared for this. You know, a couple of months ago if you had asked me if I was ready for this I wouldn't have been very sure. I'm rather pleased with where my mind is on all of this... I was definitely ready for something worth having, something good, and I'm not ashamed to say that at this point I think I deserve it.

We didn't get to talk too much, but that's okay, I was just glad to see him instead of getting that creeping "missing" feeling building up inside this past weekend. We did discuss some potential things to do for this coming weekend, so I have plenty to look forward to. Thanks to their overwhelming kindness I also have beets, yellow squash, tomatoes, zucchini, and butternut squash to fill my plate this week (note that I have already resolved that there is no way I'll be winning my current diet bet despite this last week of healthiness).

Sunday is when I made an attempt to catch up on a few things like laundry and yard work, but I didn't have a lot of time because of a youth event. I wasn't going to go, but after a couple of the kids ask if you're coming with a big smile on their faces and say "you should come" and "we've missed you" what else are you going to do but hustle to get back there. I got my 25 min run in (yay me), showered, and arrived with still soaking wet hair, but on time, to head to CaddyShak where we rode go karts and played mini putt. I'm glad I went, but I was pretty tired by the time I crawled into bed last night. Let the week begin.

No comments: