Monday, July 07, 2014

After my previous post an acquaintance I met through another friend posted a free for all invite to a bon fire that I couldn't pass up.  They're a great couple that met my Mithy when she lived in their neighborhood (he avidly walks his dogs each night).  It reminded me of the evenings sitting on Mithy's back porch shooting the breeze with a fruity beverage.  It was nice to see Jeff as well as King and Ace!
 
I was up way too early on Sunday, skipped youth, but went to church to learn that two new kids were there - the children of a gentleman I met at the Pitt Alumni event, he just moved them here for his position w/ the university.  I remember him mentioning churches that evening, where I made my recommendation for Oakland.  It was a very pleasant surprise to put two and two together when he came in with his wife and sat down with the kids.  I do hope they enjoyed the service as it was slightly different from normal, not bad, just 'off' for me.
 
From there I headed to do some hedge trimming (by hand) that seemed overdue at Eggs' place, I figured it would take a few hours but that was cut down to an hour thanks to a nice neighbor who gave me his battery operated electric trimmer.  I love how quickly and easily you can spruce up the look of a place with hedge trimming and weed pulling.
 
Since I finished up faster than anticipated I headed to TJMaxx and Ross in the quest to find more workout tops.  I did find two that worked nicely, but I also found two more pairs of workout shorts.  The 'skinnier' workout clothes I have are a little too tight still while the larger stuff is starting to let me bounce around too much, so I needed to find something for now.  This morning's weigh in had me into another weight bracket of 10, so yay.  I can't believe how much weight has poured off in the past two and a half weeks.  This is fast for me.  I know I'll plateau though, so I have to enjoy it while I can.  I've not been hungry or craving either, so bonus.  Hopefully Mother will say something nice (I'm sure she'll observe and comment that I lost weight) and just stop there instead of adding the need to "keep it up" or indicating how much more I need to loose.

No comments: