Sunday, March 30, 2014

What a busy and, in some ways taxing, few days.  I worked longer earlier in the week so I could bail early on Friday and snag my Sister from the local airport and take her to mom's.  I was up earlier on Friday than normal as to drop the girls at camp and swap out cars to head to work so I could pick her up and head to Altoona straight from there.  I had just enough time to spend an hour with her before heading back up the hill to load the other vehicle and head to meet the youth group to head out for our weekend retreat.

We went to Camp Allegheny, towards Somerset.  With the early and busy day Friday our 1am lights out was a bit of a challenge for me.  Getting up early on Saturday and making it to a second 1am lights out was even harder.  There was a camp fire with smores (Yes, I cheated on my lenten sacrifice to indulge with the kids.  I won't add a but there, so I'll just say I hope I'm forgiven) and mountain pies.  We had wonderful worship services and good messages, including one that ran nearly 4 hours because the group was so present in the prayer time that they didn't stop to get to laser tag.  How amazing is that?  The hot water was rather inconsistent, but I still managed to get two showers that were both around 90% non-freezing and the bed was comfortable enough - so win.

There are some other tidbits of knowledge that lend to a bit of emotional distress this weekend over top of the busy and tired strain.  But I firmly believe that God heard my prayers on those concerns this weekend and he is at work.  So I went to a retreat to help support the kids getting closer with God and I got to visit with him along the way, it was a good weekend... until we woke up to -yay- snow this morning.

Fortunately, the roads were as clear as you could hope for.  We were home at noon and I dug through email and whatnot instead of napping until I could go fetch the girls.  Turns out Miss Vixen isn't doing great today.  They said it was evident this morning, she's a bit unsure on her feet and wobbly with a bit of a head tilt.  I wanted to immediately label this as a stroke, but as I read more when I got home I find it could be vestibular, which means it could just go away in a couple of days as quickly as it came.  She's always had ear issues (infections/gunk etc) so it could relate and the symptoms sound right minus vomiting.  I've always said I'd know something was wrong when the day came that Vixen didn't want to eat - this is that day.  She was interested in a busy bone enough to eat it however, but when she went to pick it up it was like her aim was off.  She eventually finished that and did eat a bite of food, but a good bit of her dinner remains in her bowl.  Hopefully we'll get dinner (and medicine) down soon, as Dani and Saf are not happy to have been banished to the basement to give her some space while she's unsure on her feet.

No comments: