Saturday, March 22, 2014

Finally a day nice enough to go without my coat for a while, and it's actually not while I'm stuck at work!  I headed out as I often do on weekends.  This time I was headed to Saint Michael/Sidman to find a cemetery to fulfill a request (success) and took the opportunity to add a bit of shopping to the agenda.  I didn't have a super successful trip, but I didn't leave empty handed either - so good stuff.

When I got back to the house I realized I really should take advantage of the sun and reasonable temps, so I headed outside to try and scoop up the winter waste (thanks beasts).  I have 4 full grocery bags, a thinned out but not cleaned up yard, and a sore back.  So to keep up the progress but but a little nicer to my back I headed to the front where I filled up four garbage bags of leaves and crud cleaned up, a solid first pass before I go buy mulch.  I pulled half of the driveways worth of gravel back from the yard.  I really really wish places were willing to pave the front, so the plow didn't create a gravel hazard for lawn mowing.

Today was a good day... and I have plans to slow cooker an other pork roast for tomorrow.  Tomorrow will be a tasty, er good, day too.

No comments: