Saturday, February 15, 2014

A long weekend - thank you!  Now, if it could be without the huge pile of snow out there, heck just if it were all off of the roads.  I had scheduled to get my taxes done Thursday night, but called and rescheduled after I drove home that day in a mess knowing that they were calling for another 6-10 that night.  Well, we only got a dusting more that night (judging by the amount of snow that was on the Durango), but I still stayed home on Friday because the street was still solid white.

Richland does a terrible job of tending to their roads.  You'd think since the temps are up in a decent range that they could make some progress with them, but no, kids aren't in school, so why would we do that?  It's warm enough that the snow on the roof is melting off... and forming icicles that I get to knock down a couple times a day.  I understand why stupid people light their own homes on fire with blow torches.  I'll give myself a little credit, I know to discount the idea after it passes through my mind.

Today I did head to the tax appointment, so as soon as I get two envelopes in the mail that is done - woohoo!  I should soon have some additional fundage to cushion my ongoing increased payments on the mortgage without a tenant, so that's a blessing, but I'd still like to find a new tenant soon.

Because I needed to be out of the house for a little while, I then did a little (mostly window) shopping (I spent $7.50), despite the still hit or miss roads in the area.  I celebrated my return with a meal out as well.

No comments: