Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I just finished Doctor Sleep, which I had started on the flight out of town earlier this month.  I hadn't realized it was kinda the sequel to The Shining until Angela pointed this out after she completed the book.  I guess you can say that made it easy to choose as my next Stephen King book to tackle.  There remains quite a few of his books unread on my shelves, I really need to get in gear.  I think this every time I do dive in as I do enjoy his style.

I'm not a great reader by any stretch, but I can easily paint a picture in my own mind when I'm reading King.  So much so, that when I'm reading his books things that happen around me often seem to fit in and blend reality and story line enough to make me pause.  This happened a few times while on the ship and believe me if someone makes you think of Rose the Hat you twitch a wee bit, but it wasn't a fantastical scare.  I like the ones that give me creepy dreams.  What is wrong with me?

No comments: