Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A peeve:  If I reach out to your business/organization/church (whatever) via email don't reply to my email giving me a telephone number to contact you at.  I assure you I saw your telephone number and I didn't want to call, thus the email I sent.  How about if you answer my question.
 
To take it the next step:  I've listed the apartment for rent.  I don't put my telephone number out there because:
- People are not respectful of decent hours.
- I like my privacy and safety.  Once I feel comfortable enough with you I'll give you the address of the rental and my cell number.
- and the biggest reason - I hate the phone.
 
Don't email and ask me to call.  Worse still, ask me to text you.  Um, no.  Ask your question in the email I'll reply.  See how that works?  Then we both have a record of what was said too.  The times I have decided to call the number given I end up getting asked everything about the place that is easily answered if you read the listing, so, really, calling is kind of a waste of my time, especially when you are then not going to come see it anyhow.
 
And finally:  So you've replied, perhaps with an automated message from your business saying you've received my message and someone will be in contact with me.  If that was a month ago and I still haven't heard from you again I'll assume you do NOT want my business, I won't beg you.  On a good day I see you as the DBK, on a bad day I feel personnally slighted like it wasn't meant to be, so shame on you.  Unfortunately this is happening with something I wanted to pursue (see my end of 2013 post about not taking actions to move towards my other goals) and there isn't a ton of other places to work with around these here parts.

No comments: