Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 was not "my year" in any astounding way like I had tried to claim it to be at the end of 2012, but all things considered, I can at least say it wasn't a bad or horrifying year.  Sometimes that's enough.

So what did happen this year of note?
- The couple I mentioned last year had set a date did in fact get married, and they're fabulous and fantastic together.
- I'm fully prepared to share Vixen's 15th birthday with her in two short months, she remains blessed to be pretty darn healthy for her age.
- Dani has been doing better with her medicine too, allowing her to not move like she's 120 years old.
- I had a date.  Yeah, one.  *laugh*
- I made it yet another year at work.  Somedays that just seems shocking.  I've seen quite a few more people leave of their own choice and otherwise this year too, while others have one foot down the highway... so I'm happy to have a continued income.
- I attended my 20 year high school class reunion, and while it was kind of lame, that happened, it's been that long, I think that's noteworthy.
- While my mortgage is not yet paid off I did make some major strides this year, enough that I'm HOPING to cross it off when I turn 39, not just "before I turn 40" as I had stated last year.  Now, of course, that is all on contingency, so as long as I continue to be blessed and able to do so I'll be keeping up a good pace.
- I have found new joy in my ancestry hunt by adding the quest to photograph local cemetaries and add listings to FindaGrave.
- I have renewed my faith and vigor.  I know these things ebb and wane, but I am hoping to keep my eyes focused upward more than in the past.  He's too good to me to not do so.
- It's funny that as I reflect, after stating it wasn't a horrific or catastrophic year I am reminded of the fire in May and how easily things could have been very different.  That's an example of how good to me he is if ever there was one.

Where have I missed the mark?
- I still need to find my motivation to get healthy again.  I wanted to start running and aim for a 5k before my 40th birthday and while that seems insurmountable with my lack of motivation, I do still have (some) time.  But I'm tired of being heavy, despite loving food and not wanting always on my mind while being forced to deny every desire.
- I have not taken actions to move towards my other goals, for example the whole one date thing mentioned above, but I'm not quite sure how to take action on some of these things, nor am I ready to assume certain destinies that would send me barreling after some other goals.

What else have I been up to since my last post?
- I caught the new Hunger Games movie, which was decent.
- I saw Miss Tonya before she leaves us for another state in a few days.
- I hit the hockey game this fine evening (yay for a set of free tickets).
- I also got to see the Law family, which never happens often enough.  I marvel at how completely their son is a young man now.  True to my thoughts as I generate this post in general and with respect to how grown he is I ask - where DOES the time go?

Now, it's time for me to crash.  Yes, it's only a little after 10pm on New Years Eve, but I just can't make it.

No comments: