Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Well, I'm getting tomatoes.  Kind of.  I've had 4 green as green could be early girls plop to the ground in the past two days.  There is two more starting to turn on the plants.  I pulled two black krell, one of which looks like it may be chewed up pretty good by something.  The rest of the plants are flopping over under the weight of the laden limbs (despite being tethered the best I can to poles etc) and some of them are starting to dry up like they're done.  Not a good year at all, sadly.

I think the bees bailed after two bottles of spray at and around the entrance, but I did still spray in the hole w/ the stuff that had a nozzle last night.  I need to go back out when I don't think we have rain imminent and seal up that hole w/ the gray hardening agent Home Depot sold  me.  I did get two more bags full of weeds, clippings, and the start of removing my jungle of nasturtiums out yesterday.  I also got the rest of my corn (that I waited for in line for a half an hour for) cooked, cut, bagged, and into the freezer too.

I'm in a bit of a mood today.  Other people seem to be too, so they've fed my issues a bit.  Maybe I'll just go to bed early tonight.

No comments: