Saturday, September 28, 2013

My body is quite weary.  I worked outside a while this morning, after fighting with Eclipse a little longer (unsuccessfully to get things working properly on my machine) and for quite a few hours this afternoon.  It's looked like rain could have happened at any point, so I'm calling myself blessed that it held off.
  • There are 4 garbage bags and one dog food bag full of pulled plants, raked walnut shells, trimmed rose bushes, and other shrubs.
  • The red hibiscus is in the ground out back with a few of the gladiolus bulbs I pulled a few weeks back and some hostas that I got on clearance at one of the dollar store.  I know it's not the right time of year to plant them, but if just one takes along the left side of the deck it will be worth it for the price I paid.
  • I even leveled out the caves that Saffy has created under the deck.  Of course, while doing that I spotted another instance of the idiocy of the previous owners of this house.  I'm not going into details, I'll just say that it supports my theory on the lifespan of the deck.
  • I also wrapped up the boundary fencing from the garden and put it, along with the tomato cages and sticks away.  The garage is mostly in order for the Tib too, so when the time comes that won't be too painful.
Sadly there is plenty more that still needs done outside before the snow starts flying.  Some I can accomplish, some I will struggle to do reaching from a ladder on uneven ground, and even more that I simply cannot handle due to the height or pitch of the roof.

I did pause long enough today to have lunch with Beff and Slips.  Since this was on the schedule I knew I couldn't head to Altoona, as I probably should have today.  If I'm going to stay here, the above is the least I could accomplish.

Now what... maybe I'll fight w/ java more, or at least watch the videos/lessons and get that out of the way.  There is Christmas shopping on my mind lately too.  But right now, I think it's time for a nice hot shower.

No comments: