Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Why is it we can't remember someone's voice the way we can remember a face?  If it's a song/singer, sure we can come close... but I mean people that have left your life/passed away. Worse still why do those people sound so foreign and wrong to you if/when there is opportunity to hear the voice again?

Yes, yes, I'm being pensive again.  It's been a very slow start to the week, the clock is ticking by way too slowly during the day and my dreams are vivid and strange by night.  Which came first the pensive or the crazy dreams?  This one featured me being on an airline flight that basically banked upward and did a loop.  During the loop I realized the plane was going to crash and we were all doomed.  Surprisingly I started to pray in the dream.  I can honestly say I don't remember ever dreaming of prayer.

On Sunday I ran out and picked up two movies that I wanted to report on:
1).  Despicable Me, which I did enjoy.  I admit I enjoy Steve Carell's work.  It was interesting how some of the faces that Gru made I could see as Carell's facial expressions. Of course, now that I've seen this, I can try to catch Despicable Me 2 at Westwood.

2).  Sinister, which was also a pleasant enough surprise.  I needed a small dose of horror to counterbalance the comedy.  It was, however, pretty obvious what the deal was right off the bat in the movie, at least with respect to who did it if not the behind the scenes.

No comments: