Saturday, May 04, 2013

It has been a very full Saturday.  There was a little of the standard weekend fare (vacuuming, running to the grocery store) and then some less frequent repeat occurrences (firing up the grill for the first time this year, trying to reattach the carpet on the basement stairs), and then there was a few rarities.

I actually convinced myself to take the move beyond the ladder onto the back roof to sweep off the pine needles and branches that collected up there.  I am so beyond afraid of heights it is not right.  It took a bit of standing at the top of the ladder to make the move to get on the roof and even longer to make the move to swing my weight back over the side back onto the ladder.  Lemme tell you, the dogs are terrible spotters.  They just laid in the sun down at the far end of the yard staring up at me wondering what on earth I was doing.

I also reattached a few peel and stick tiles that were starting to lift (probably drying out as they were in front of the heat vent).  Now, normally, you'd think that was a pretty full Saturday for me, right?  Nope.  Remember I said I fired up the grill... after baking the whole thing over 600 degrees, to burn off anything evil, and giving it a scrape, I cooked up a couple of hot dogs before I headed out the door to go help at Eggs' house.  He now has one set of kitchen cabinets emptied out, 50% boxed up, and washed down with Murphy's, a few ceramic tiles chiseled out, and an evil maple tree's attempts at spring growth thwarted.

From there we headed out to Westwood to see Olympus has Fallen.  It was a pretty good flick, but totally unbelievable.  Everyone knows that you're not allowed to have guns in Washington DC!  (I would say <sarcasmoff /> but that doesn't happen.  Ok, more unbelievable was a completely ripped president.  There was of course quite a few other "yeah right" moments, but if you suspend disbelief a little and just go ahead and watch it turns out way better than any other North Korea is coming to get us propaganda out there.  Oh, and for once I deviated from the Miss Piggy and had a burger w/ my cheap date.  Not bad!

No comments: