Monday, February 18, 2013

Once again it's three cheers for a long weekend.  I did a little more cleaning today, mostly inspired by a potential overnight guest, a friend from my times in NC who will be passing through town.  I'm excited to get to see her, even briefly, and to support her in one of her drives to support her son who is playing hockey away from home.

This also means I need to do a little baking this evening as to make sure I have something delightful to send with her as she heads further on her way.   That's my excuse anyhow!  Maybe I'll make up a batch of pickled eggs and beets for my own delight as well.  I know I have way too many containers of beets thanks to a little time spent reorganizing the pantry and a few cabinets.  I really have a tendency to packrat food if I don't keep myself in check.  I don't know why I manage to think I'm out of something, purchasing the same item several times over a short period then having crazy supply of odd items like beets, cranberry sauce, or cream of soups.

As mentioned I had been hunting for a very specific brand/make in a tight market... well guess what I found on one site?  It's a little higher priced than many sites have denoted along with an out of stock and no backorders notice, but I figured I should leap, it was meant to be.  So, order placed and one of the other big surprise changes in my world will be complete (shipping tomorrow).

No comments: