Thursday, December 06, 2012

Me:  Mom, remember me asking you about Dad's 'golden spike' that was on the wall?  There are a few other things I've had on my mind that I want to know if you still have.
Mom:  I think I gave that spike to your Uncle R.
Me:  [bumming in my head] What about the wheat pennies and 50 cent pieces dad always saved?
Mom:  I don't remember him saving 50 cent pieces.
Me:  Yea, every time I went to the meat market for you guys I'd ask them for change in 50 cent pieces if they had them, dad would always pull them and wheat pennies.  Anyhow, look and see if you can find them, I'll pay you for them.
Mom:  I have your dad's old ID badge from the railroad.
Me:  YES I definitely want that!  Oh, and the old glass Christmas ornaments you had.
Mom:  That was garbage.  I got rid of it.
Me:  Well rats.
Mom:  Why didn't you tell me 20 years ago you wanted that stuff.
Me:  I was a CHILD, I didn't know any better.
Mom:  Joe [my brother] was mad at me years ago for getting rid of all of his old baseball cards that were in the attic.
Me:  I bet he was!!!

No comments: