Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I promised if the roads stayed clear for my trip to and from Altoona on Christmas day I wouldn't complain when this mess hit... and I won't.  I will however say that it did start to come down pretty fast, so I left to work from home at lunch time today.  What I did try to shovel/sweep clear covered back up pretty fast with the wind, so I'm just leaving it for now.  There aren't too many folks in the office this week so I'll most likely stay here tomorrow as well.  That definitely makes it easier to not complain as I don't need to shovel, scrape, or deal with the scary roads.  Saffy is definitely enjoying the snow, making huge leaping circles in the yard and wanting out often, after brief chances to warm back up.

My visit for Christmas was good, I headed early, planning to come back before dark as I was expecting poor travel.  We headed to my aunt and uncles for a wonderful meal and time chatting after opening our gifts at mom's.

While I won't complain about the weather I will put this gripe out there... there is a history of people spreading their holiday greetings via text message.  I'm not a huge fan, but I'll cope.  What bites me is when their friends, whom I don't know, reply to EVERYONE saying "thanks so and so - you too" or the like.  Seriously?  You had to send that to everyone?  Why do I have to get charged/counted for incoming?  I can't control who sends me a text.  Boo.  The take the cake occurred at 5:42am this morning when someone chose to reply as such.  I'll tell you this... my reply was NOT very Christianly either.  It woke me, I had to look for fear there was something wrong, then I had a hard time getting back to sleep and spent my morning as grumpy as I was when sharing a bed w/ an ex who snored all night.  Ugh.  No, you don't get to interrupt my sleep and not feel my wrath.

No comments: