Wednesday, November 07, 2012

I'll start by saying this:  dear friends, if you disagree with me, I am sorry, but I need to say how I personally feel about the election and I mean you no disrespect and love you no less if you and I do not agree.  I am not shocked by the craziness in Florida, wishing I was already in Texas so I could celebrate _my_ state, keeping my fingers crossed for NC (still not 100% decided but favorable there as I type this message), but disappointed in PA.
 
I am disheartened and a little fearful for the future this morning.  While most of PA is lit up red we still went blue... why?  Because of the poor population centers that want their hand out.  Is it so wrong to say I've worked hard to get where I am and I don't want to fund someone who didn't?  So yes, I'm disappointed in PA. 
 
I have been praying for weeks now for hearts to be swayed in the direction God so chooses, that things go "his way" not "ours", so perhaps they did, I do not know.  All I know is when asked if I am better off than I was 4 years ago, I can say yes, however, I've also spent more then half of the last 4 years very worried for my job and watching quite a few people around me loosing theirs.  At the drop of a dime I could go from better off to desperate.  The biggest factor (not the only one) creating fear for me is what will come with the healthcare changes.  I don't want this and I definitely do not want to pay for it.
 
I'll try to see the positives... at least the crazies were wrong - there are no riots and no martial law.

No comments: