Thursday, October 04, 2012

Sometimes things happen that make you laugh... and really make you wonder if the people we care about who pass before us are lurking around.  I just finished reading a book called "Heaven is for Real" about a little boy who had all kinds of stories to tell of what happened to him when he was very ill.  Long story short in that book he made it seem like so much could happen in so little time 'there'.  If that's the case or even if it isn't... you've got forever, so I'd think you could creep on most everyone you know if you chose to do so.  My point in  mentioning this is, okay, so the world lost Peter Steele a couple of years ago.  I know I didn't know him as family or a close friend as to think he would haunt me (bear with me here) but given the sense of humor he had and the time and capacity I'm granting to the afterlife, I am choosing to believe he got a little laugh at my expense the other night.  (...and shoot, why not visit all of your really big fans?!)

So, as I came back on Tuesday night it was getting dark.  I needed to cram branches into the garbage can to make sure another load got hauled away on Wednesday.  Without taking my things in the house first I was out there stuffing the can and guess what... managed to drop my car keys (the same ones I 'lost' a few weeks ago - what IS my problem lately?)  I figured I just dropped them in the gravel and was out there swearing and saying out loud where are my keys etc.  I eventually came in and got a small flashlight which allowed me to quickly find them, as expected, laying in the gravel.

Running behind it was time to get in gear and get walking... so within minutes I was heading back out the front door with Saf and turning on my phone for some tunes (on random as always).  So what's the first song that plays?  An Ode to Locksmiths.  First thing Peter says in the song?  "Where the f*** are my keys?"  Ha ha big guy :)  Thanks for the October visit, even if it is just all in my head.  You are missed!

No comments: