Sunday, October 07, 2012

I so had a great weekend.  I managed to avoid the colder, wetter points and got my walks in, both days in the morning so I could get to everything else that was packed into the weekend.  Saturday I was up relatively early so I could get a few things done around the house.  This included walking (of course), vacuuming, laundry, other little tasks, and showering.  I needed to get through all of this so I could get out the door and to Altoona.

I spent a little time with mom (mostly helping her catching up on her word puzzles) before we headed to pick up my sister at the State College airport.  She came in at 6:30, so I also had to make sure mom ate something mid-afternoon to keep the grumpy hungry mood away until we could get to La Scalia's for a bite on the way back.  Back up the mountain and to bed as I had to get up and get moving this morning as well.

Out early for another walk and a shower before Church, then I hit the house briefly to gather Dani and the collars off of Vix and Saf, and meeting up with Beff, to head downtown to another church for a small blessing of the pets ceremony in celebration of St. Francis.  Back up the hill to return D to her slumber and back out to hit Big Lots to take advantage of 20% off everything.  I had hunted for bread mixes at the store last time I went grocery shopping and bummed at the lack of choices, so I was able to stock up for my winter bread making today!  Then we walked over to Quaker Steak and Lube, which just opened a few weeks ago, for a bite to eat.  I had never been prior, and I am pleasantly surprised, at least with the pulled pork sammie.  I guess I'll need to go back to try their famous wings.

From there we headed up the hill to see Frankenweenie!  I am a sucker for puppy movies and this did not disappoint, I mean, c'mon the whole premise tells you the dog dies... yep, bawled, several times.  A good flick, love it, look forward to having it on DVD to cry over whenever I want.

Since I really only had one meal today I snapped a little and baked some red velvet cupcakes tonight (they're cooling as I type).  I can't wait to smother them with cream cheese icing and indulge.  No wonder I am not losing any weight.

I guess my weekend is pretty much over, but it was a mighty good one, so I'll try not to complain about returning to work.  I can say that each day this past week went pretty fast and I was busy, so that's a good sign.  Fingers crossed for me to make leaps and bounds this week as I come further up to speed!

No comments: