Saturday, August 04, 2012

Yay weekend!  I've been stepping up my walking a bit since my last post, Friday getting almost 5 miles in and last night with another 70 minutes.  With the wealth of veggies here at the house from the CSA I am also eating a little better.  Of course, I have a pile of peppers I need to broil and ready for soup and a pile of tomatoes to cook up into something.  I'd love to make a batch of salsa but that means eating chips, so I think I'll go the route of a small batch of sauce and a bit of pasta this weekend.  Not the BEST meal, but I've at least found a whole wheat pasta I really enjoy.

Last night I managed to stay up late enough to see the Dark Knight.  I'm enjoying this genre of films a bit more as of late.  I guess they're good until my more typical selections come out (second squee for Frankenweinie and a smile for Paranormal Activity 4).

Today the big excitement is taking Vix in for a blood draw.  I guess I'll need to walk (aaaagain), but I might need to wait until the day cools back down.  Should have forced myself out of bed early to get it over with, but that just didn't happen.

No comments: