Monday, August 27, 2012

It is incredibly wrong how excited I was walking down the hall just now to go to the bathroom.  You're making a face, aren't you?  Well I can explain.  I simply couldn't wait to hike up my dress and full out scratch my belly like us women do our legs after removing panty hose that have been on for hours.  Just me?  You're either laughing or making another face right now, but I'll explain further.  I've been itching for more than a week now and it's not getting better: back, legs, stomach, neck, hands.  I thought it was just dry skin for a little while, but now I've gotten several blister-like lumps on my fingers/hand that are itchy as snot too.
 
So, my logical internal dialog was "what's changed that I am clearly having an allergic reaction to?"  The only thing I could come up with is the new birth control pills I started 2 weeks ago.  [Did I have a hissy fit about those on here? - they didn't have generics so I had to pay $120 for 3 friggin packs that autoprocessed through the mail order company and couldn't "get returned" - that made me happy.]  Why plus iron? - I have no clue.  I've NEVER had an issue w/ my blood not bouncing off the bottom of the cup like a dropping weight.  I think it was just a pet-pick of the doctor, definitely not necessary.  Anyhow, I thought at first it was silly to think I could be allergic, until I started googling around and discovered that yes, it is quite feasible to be allergic to the iron supplement!
 
I called my primary care physician to inquire on what to do, since it may be something totally unrelated and was directed to cease the iron pills.  In theory I can just finish out an old pack of other stuff I have, but if that fixes the situation then I have 2 1/2 months worth of expensive ass pills I can't even digest (out the window goes the cliche phrase of "eating my money")!   They did call me in a cream to aid the itch.  All this to just try and get my body to not hate me.  I guess that's an epic fail, right?  I guess the good news is, thanks to three glasses of the liquid blackberry crack from Chili's I'll probably make several return trips this afternoon.

No comments: