Monday, June 18, 2012

Today's stop was in Salerno, Italy - it's near Naples, kind of.  There didn't seem to be easy/fast options to Capri from here, so this time I figured we'd take in the Amalfi coast, and I'm not sad about that decision - it was stunning!  Here again we did a private tour with a family of four I found on Cruise Critic and another older couple.  We met up w/ our tour guide, Paolo, from Joe Banana Limos outside quickly and were on our way.  There were transportation strikes in Sorrento, so he had to reorganize our plan a wee bit and it resulted in us only getting a photo of Sorrento from afar to Dani's dismay as she wanted to find a music box there.

We drove along the coast on the gorgeous winding cliff-side roads.  This is one place where I got all turned around on the order of things.  We did see Positano, Amalfi town, and Ravello (not originally part of the plan) and a lovely little garden with excellent views.  Since we didn't get to Sorrento he also took us to this sweet little place for some good pizza - a stop you wouldn't anticipate being so yummy or having such a good view until you get upstairs.  Dani and I shared a 4-cheeser (she was surprised at it not having sauce, but so it is unless you want margherita or the like) and some lemoncello.  I ended up buying a cute little Cave Canine tile and ceramic lady bug at one stop and a small bottle of cream of lemoncello that we drank after returning to the ship in Monte Carlo.  It was a hot day, for sure.  Paolo gave both Dani and I a small bottle of lemoncello at the end, so there was some extra to bring home.

The other thing to note here is the size of the lemons... holy man!  I had no clue.  I can only imagine how much lemoncello those rinds would help make :)

Tonight's show was a pianist, again, not my favorite, Linda Gentille... she was a bit full of herself, which didn't help me appreciate her show much more.  After dinner we attended the majority rules game show quite tired - or at least I was and then headed off to dream land.


No comments: