Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Today we stopped at Split, Croatia, where we had a private tour booked with folks I found on Cruise critic to the Krka National Park and waterfalls.  Turns out Kay and Tito (our travel mates) were in the room right next to us!  Not realizing as diamond I could sneak off on the earlier tenders we waited for the first one they'd allow us on after tours went, which put us a half an hour behind on our schedule, but our travel mates were also on this tender.

We met up w/ our guide getting off the tender and off we went for the 1.5 hour drive to Krka.  It's not the most picturesque area/drive, but it wasn't awful. I felt a bit rushed along the loop at the falls by the guide, but it was still nice.  I guess I expected taller falls than what we saw.  Due to being a bit late we didn't get to jump in for a few, so be it.

We did get back with a little time to spare so we walked over to the Diocletian's Palace area that is RIGHT at the port area and took that in quickly even though I had deleted those notes since I didn't anticipate getting to look around there.

Dani decided to be all energetic when we got back and went for a run on the treadmill while I instead went and soaked in the hot tub for a few.  Today I added the start of a series of sun-induced headaches to my overall bodily discontent.  I probably had 6 or 7 days where I came back with a tension headache tightening up the back of my neck making it tough to move my head around and throbbing up behind my eyes like it wanted to turn into a migraine.  Fun times but something I know comes with the sun for me.  Maybe I really am a vampire.

Tonight's show was a production show, first of two.  I recognize the one male singer from another trip - he may have been on Freedom in the fall as Dani also recognized him.  He's one that reminded me of an old friend.

No comments: