Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Second day at sea, so we slept late again - or at least tried to.  Girl-child could since she didn't hear the pounding noise resonating up through the ship, I couldn't.  On my way to breakfast I heard a woman saying to her husband how SAD it is to see some older woman traveling by herself with all of the couples and families... I wanted to spin around and note to her that every day we get to see the couples and families, and up yours and your pity.  Freaking people.  Being a bit tired that put me in a bit of a mood for a little while.

We ended up at a talk on Rome in the afternoon where I was falling asleep and listening still to the pounding.  Back to the room for a nap and I couldn't take it any longer - so I called to the front desk and the pounding stopped within 15 minutes.  Not sure where it was coming from but it rattled up through quite effectively.

Today was a welcome back reception for Crown and Anchor (yay another free drink) and a show/tribute to Nat King Cole.  Not my speed, but he was good.  We also hit a finish that lyric game show.  At this point I started to not feel so excellent and had major stomach issues happening.  I certainly didn't feel on top of my game for a good portion of this trip, but I wasn't sick sick at least.

No comments: