Friday, June 29, 2012

I returned from vacation to see a class was going on at work for CPR.  It's been half a life time since I took those classes, so I was disappointed to only get on the waiting list, but pleasantly surprised to see an opening mid-day yesterday.  I jumped in and managed to get into the class last night, so I am officially back up to speed.  I can't believe how much has changed in their instructions!  Perhaps I shouldn't wait another *cough* years for my next update.
 
Second night with a walk again last night.  I had to wait until it was dark just to get it cool enough to consider going.  The house was staying reasonably cool to the point I wasn't going to turn on the air just yet, but then...
 
Vixen wanted to stay out, and I granted her wish since there appeared to be no rain in sight for the night.  Just as I was cuddling up w/ Saf and the bedroom window open my eyes got a bit of a burn and I had to cough a bit.  Within seconds I could smell it - skunk.  Time to close the window and turn on the AC and to go see if it involved Vixen.  Sure enough, she's out there rubbing herself around on the grass.  For once, I think this one got away - thank goodness, I really didn't want to chase down a stinky corpse and pry it from the dog.  Needless to say, this morning Vixen took her breakfast on the deck and she will be none too pleased when it really heats up later today to be cast out from the air conditioned house.

No comments: