Saturday, May 05, 2012

This day has to go down in the records.  I briefly fought off getting up at 8am but embraced it pretty fast and got myself moving.  By 1:30 I had already hit the bank (to learn they do NOT do currency exchange, despite the email from them just weeks ago saying they do and explaining the fee structure), bought plants for the newly filled garden area (13 tomato plants, 4 cukes, 6 peppers), planted said plants, and stopped by Matthew's Party.  Got the other tragus pierced (since they have a good deal going and I have been debating it for a while) and dropped off images for him to work on my next ink.  Nothing better than bleeding from your ear as you walk out of a joint :/

From there it was too the couch, but in a productive way.  I created a draft memo of recommendation, a letter of intent, and transcript request forms created to be printed and prepared to send.  I still loathe that you have to pay for this.  I'll never understand why that can't be a thank you for the 30k you dropped with them.

I tried to grab a quick nap but wasn't really tired.  The best part of laying there w/ the windows open is that laundry was in the dryer.  With the configuration of the house the lovely scent of lavender can then waft back in through the open window.  So, now I'm heading out to an all ages show at Ace's - a friend from Toona's band will be there.  I'm running a bit early, so I think this is a good excuse to head out early and catch a martini at the Backdoor Cafe before hand.  I don't know if I'll make it through the evening to the finish line (Coney Island) but I know I'll be deaf in one ear as I sure can't shove in ear plugs.

No comments: