Sunday, April 08, 2012

So I headed to mom's today for dinner.  She surprised me with company, as she knows she has to do to avoid the displeasure being expressed.  I'll give mom this much, she has gotten so much better about not saying things that come off as mean.  Instead other family decided to pick up the charge - yay!  First the relative there said:
Rel:  "you look like you've lost weight"
Me:  "no - I haven't lost more since the 35 I lost last year"
Rel:  "how much do you weigh?"
Me:  "right now?  xxx.  I'd like to lose another 30."
Rel:  "Yeah, I'd say so."


Ok, shut up Judy, right?

Then the official PITA calls, which is always a surprise.  Mom hands me the phone.  Seriously?  I HATE the phone, who doesn't know that - and I have NOTHING to say here.  I then get the half sarcastic talk about how much I'm loved even though we didn't get along when I was younger.  Oh, then throw in a story from when I was younger I don't remember and point out that I've always been grumpy... but quickly follow it with but I love you anyhow, cause that makes it better.
I DID manage to bite my tongue when I wanted to say "I might be grumpy/angry, but at least I'm not a f*ck up."


Yea, happy Easter, right?

No comments: