Sunday, April 15, 2012

My second thrill of summer, after the robins start showing up everywhere, is seeing butterflies.  I was excited to see one this evening in the backyard just as Saffy and I were heading out for a walk.  Much to my surprise I saw a few more of the same during the walk and then came back to watch about 8 or 9 of them flittering around and dancing about each other near my deck and back roof.  So, I guess today was officially warm enough for the chrysalides to let free!  I'm not 100% sure, but I think they were red admirals.  Regardless of what they were they brought a smile to my face and were a treat to distract me from the end of my weekend quickly approaching.

The other big news of the weekend is Vixen being grumpy again.  The past week or so she's been managing to catch the medicine in her meals and spit it out on the basement floor.  It's quite surprising how immediately she became her unbearably grumpy self again.  The other day I came home and she had a scratch on her nose, so I know she was stirring things up while I was gone.  After a bunch of grumbling this evening I noted her one pill on the floor so I actually had to put it down her throat for her.  She'd best get back on eating everything in that bowl w/o question, I don't want to perturb her so twice a day.

No comments: