Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I haven't mentioned my affection for the Law family lately, so it was overdue regardless, but I have a most definite reason to tout their virtues this evening.  We'll start with the Missus who granted me access to part of an evening with her husband and dear son.  These two hauled out, loaded down the back of the Misters truck with 4 scoops of dirt, and then proceeded to help me get it into a wheelbarrow and into the area out back that was put in roughly 6 or 7 years ago.  That means I get to plant a garden in the back yard this year!

I'm going to have to start asking them for more help if for no other reason than as an excuse to get to see them.  It was truly a pleasure laboring with you this evening and I am so grateful for your kindness.  Just let me know when you need to put in another patio and I'll square up.

Actually, this little exercise also brought up some thoughts that reinforced the time flies theme that has been playing in my head all too often.  First, the boy child will be 12 next month.  Twelve.  I first recognized that the wheel barrow, not by any stretch in pristine shape, is older than him.  Then there is the fact the wheelbarrow was used to put in the fence, which is ALSO older than him.  Yes, I'll use this opportunity to point out - still straight as an arrow.

Before they left Vixen decided to demonstrate how much of a butt she is by deucing my living room.  Thanks dog.  Speaking of dogs, how am I going to rig things to keep the beasts out of the newly soiled area? ...and I don't mean the living room.

No comments: