Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's been a busy weekend with even more running tomorrow (yay for three-day weekends).  Saturday led to the Alibi to start with a crew of folks and a surprise appearance by someone I haven't seen in way too long.  It was good to get to hang with everyone, drink, eat, and just bullshit.  From there a couple of us headed to the Windber Hotel.

I've got to say, listening to a band in a bar w/o the stench of cigarette smoke is so incredibly nice.  Why wasn't that law in effect when I was in my more frequent bar going years?  I'm completely out of touch w/ the local bands, so regardless of who was playing they would have been new to me.  That said, we were there for an hour and a half or so of Pivot's music.  I felt a bit old as I recognized very little of what they were playing.  I'm not sure if it was truly music I didn't know or the balance and the clarity was just not good enough for me to make out what was what.

One lesson re-enforced last night:  I hate Red Bull.
One lesson learned last night:  A "Trash Can" is just as bad of an idea as a "Red Death" after so many Long Islands.  Wasn't feeling on top of my game most of today, but I did it to myself, prb partially because the water was pretty gross at the Windber Hotel, but I'll still blame that bastard blue, red bull infused trash can.

After a long morning of re-hydrating today, I headed out for an afternoon dinner.  A belated Valentine's day treat w/ my gals Beff and Slips.  Tonight it's just me and the fuzzy girls.  Maybe I'll go to bed a bit early tonight to compensate for the late one last night.

No comments: