Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's not even 5:30 and I can already label today as a good day.  I had the draw to make the haul to Greensburg today, but I tried to fight it off for a little while.  Eventually I caved, conceding that if I got the mums planed out front I'd let myself go.  In addition to planting the mums I harvested a ton of nasturtium seeds.  These plants/flowers are said to do well in poor soil, so needless to say, they kick butt out front.  This year they were particularly prolific and have proven to have been rather fertile as well!  I'll be planting them next year, not cooking with them, for the record.

I had placed an online order for some additional Christmas gifts, showered, and headed on my way.  I can't say I bought much, but I did get a few more gifts, so I feel like I am well underway for this holiday season, which puts my mind at ease.  I also indulged and went to Olive Garden.  I had convinced myself I was NOT getting the chocolate mousse cake which is often my downfall there, I was good - until I saw the pumpkin cheesecake on the teaser menu.  DAMN YOU OG.  I'll just leave it saying I definitely need to go walk tonight.

No comments: