Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I've taken up extreme gardening... extreme in that I was out front trying to weed after the official sunset time. I wasn't on the treadmill tonight either *sigh* too many stupid things, mostly telephone calls getting in the way.

It sounds like mom's one doctor is saying she can head out tomorrow, but the other had said she'd be there for at least 5 days. From Sunday, 5 days, or from today, 5 days... either way, that doesn't compute. So, not really sure what's going on. The good news is the drug she was on which is often given for congestive heart failure is to treat the symptoms of, and not exclusive to heart failure. It sounds like they've gotten her heart rate closer to where it should be, but she's still on constant oxygen. The prospect of her leaving to a home w/ a bathroom upstairs and no central air isn't appealing. I guess the plan, for now, is that she'll go to my one aunt's where it's at least all one level, but still no central air. I've got the central air, but 3 dogs = fur, and I'm in Johnstown, far from all of the people that are visiting her like crazy. So, I know my place isn't an option to her. Fortunately, it's cooling down nicely tonight, so it should be easy to cool down the houses.

We had a couple of hella downpours at work today. Surprisingly there isn't a mud pit at the back of my yard, so small victory there.

No comments: