Monday, August 08, 2011

Ahh Vacation (Part Three - Returning... the bummer). My time to escape came to a close Sunday morning (the 7th). Up early and off the ship, to the airport by 9ish and waiting for flights. My sister and niece got lucky and managed to get on an earlier flight from standby. I, on the other hand, sat until nearly 1pm for my flight to DC and then until after 5 for the flight from there to the Jingle. It was a long day, but the worst was knowing I'd get home too late to get the girls. I hate sleeping here without them. Instead they were picked up first thing this morning, before I headed to... that place. Yep, back to work.

We came back also to find out that my mother was admitted to the hospital bright and shiny on Sunday. The heat and humidity had her feeling crappy for a while which lead to this trip in. They didn't let her out today because her heart rate is up and it sounds like she's got a new arsenal of meds at the time being. Nothing sounded pressing enough that I should head to Altoona. Let's just hope it stays that way.

The good news at work is that things progressed nicely while I was gone. I knew the folks here were capable, but I guess I expected more strife from what we needed to accomplish. I did feel bad leaving some of the harder things behind for someone else. The bad news is seeing some people and listening to planning for fun activities that underline my distaste for the situation. More return good news is seeing the possibility of tasking after August on another project. Definitely a comforting thought.

No comments: