Sunday, July 10, 2011

Frick. Homes are a real pain in the ass. Jack Burton kicked in some help again today to get the garage painted, which rocks, and I just need to be patient for it to completely dry so I can put everything back in order.

While I was moving everything around/out I quickly noticed that the vent pipe for the apartment furnace is rusted the whole way through and crumbling. WTF! A few years ago there was a smidge of water damage in the apartment kitchen near the ceiling which was resolved with a bit of roof repair, but clearly there is more spots there where water is rolling down inside or outside of the furnace pipe. There is even rust on the part several feet inside the house near the furnace itself. So I guess I need to get someone in on that too.

So much for the extra cabbage I made this weekend selling purses, eh? I should also have someone coming to give me a price to fix the spot in the fence where the tree fell a few years ago.

No comments: