Monday, July 11, 2011

Dearest mother was threatening to call my uncle if I didn't (regarding the furnace exhaust pipes), so I actually called him yesterday. It's not that I don't want him here, I just feel guilty. I'm not his kid, I'm not his 'responsibility', what does he get out of saving my ass? Anyhow, I couldn't have gotten as prompt and economical of service calling anywhere else, that's for sure. He came up and checked everything out last night and left me with a shopping list for Home Depot.

So, today I hit the depot on the way home. Just after 6 we were down in the basement. While I didn't feel very helpful I stayed out of the way by putting things back in order down there, since the paint is dry. It definitely looks much cleaner with a fresh coat. That's one more thing off of the house's bucket list. That brings me to my 9pm dinner and an evening where I didn't hit the treadmill. I need to get up early tomorrow to get that done... as tomorrow night needs to be about getting things ready for Wednesday. By damned my July is busy.

No comments: