Saturday, May 21, 2011

I am a happy camper thanks to how much I accomplished today. I admit, I wasn't thrilled to be awake before 8am, but after a bit of slow movement I decided to haul to go get my new drivers license photo. They open at 8:30, but thanks to computer problems, I didn't get out of there until around 9:30. Whee. I watched three sets of teens (two male, one female) come in with their mothers (why always the mother) to have their driving exam. It made me smile to see their nerves and to reminisce about so very many years ago. I did point out to the ones that sat by me however that they were lucky to have the guy with the pot belly, tee shirt, and baseball hat... I had the fear of the statey with his full out hat and attitude!

From there I ran through Ollie's for some odds and ends I needed for to do items, hit home depot for a replacement tomato plant (yay), and then I headed to have some grub with Slips and Beff at the Bouley. Back to the house to catch up with eL-eL (briefly) and the secret weapon to continue some slave labor.

As a result, my deck looks healthy again with a fresh coat of redwood stain, and we put in the low voltage lights (one doesn't want to light up, but I'll come back to that some other day). I also managed to scoop up the scraps of grass since it was quite high when it got mowed thanks to all of the rain and remove some of the mess from behind the fence. The grass is probably why my head is displeased, but it's not like it normally would have been - maybe the allergy shots are working! I feel quite accomplished today. Maybe I COULD get the house into marketable shape in a reasonable amount of time.

No comments: