Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Tuesday I could have simply died. The headache was one of the worst I've ever had, you know - uncontrollable sobbing at work even. Just walking from my cube to a shared workspace in the evil fluorescent lights felt like lasers were burrowing into my brain and made me nauseous, and I do NOT get nausea when I have migraines. Gladly my attempts to beat it back into place worked as the evening went on and I am feeling well today.

Most of my dizziness is gone and the evening nausea hasn't happened the past couple of nights. Almost through the withdrawal torture at least, but I wonder how often I'll suffer massive headache pain.

Tonight I did some running after work, getting some jeans and shorts (long story short, I really really really need to lose weight), finally getting the rubber disks I needed to finish getting the bedroom ceiling fan back together and 100% functional (I attached them too, yay!), getting gas (before the prices go up) and snagging a gift card for iggle points (must go back to home depot tomorrow with the durango, they're getting the mulch I want in tonight), finally finished the local taxes (more on that next), cleaned the bathroom sink, and even cooked myself some fajitas! Can I just cross off three things each night? If I could I'd be caught up in a couple of weeks.

I had originally wanted to get those rose bushes in the ground tonight, but by the time my post work running was done, not only was I a mere hour from sundown, but it was also getting cold quickly. At least I can say I had my car window down for 45 minutes after work and felt good.

Now, about those taxes. So, where I live, for some reason they "forget" to mail me forms every year. So, I go to the website to get them, which are in an Excel file. Ok, you'd think if I enter a value here and a value there it would then calculate for me - it's a spreadsheet! no. So, I, of course, feel compelled to make the spreadsheet do the calcs for me. Fine. Then there is the printing (of course the printer wanted more ink), there is the finding the stubs that need mailed with it (don't need to do that for IRS or PA anymore), there is printing certain sections of my IRS taxes to mail with it, there is writing the envelope, and actually finding a stamp. Archaic archaic archaic.

I also had to write a check, which is extra crappy since the IRS gave me a rather nice check back this year, and I didn't (for the first time in a while) owe PA a penny... but yet I owed local taxes?? Cause the property taxes, school taxes, 3 or 4 little $4 and $5 tax bills you send for stupid head this, privilege that taxes aren't enough?

I also think I might snap and book a (non-cruise) vacation. Fear me.

No comments: