Sunday, October 24, 2010

Didn't do the things that need done around here, headed to mom's today. Of course, given the headache I'm fighting I probably wouldn't have done those things had I stayed home either. I guess one evening this week I can get the garage ready for the car.

Then there's the kitchen. Talking with my uncle today, he really thinks I should take out the cabinets, so I can remove the crappy paneling. It runs behind it as you may not realize. I was going to try and stop my repairs by the cabinets, but I see his wisdom... I just don't trust myself to be able to disassemble and reassemble the cabinets (don't forget there is a sink and plumbing there) without destroying them and without taking the next 5 years. I'd like to replace the countertops, which this would probably make a little more urgent... but...

Mom also made me feel guilty that the gutters behind the apartment didn't get cleaned back out yet. I just can't do that height. If you could only have seen me out front trembling at the top of the ladder you would know why the gutters at double the height are fat chance. I really hate the people who worked on this house and tossed the gutter covers that WERE up there. Bastages.

No comments: