Monday, September 13, 2010

Sunday was a dud too. In addition to the TV being out, Sunday there were issues with DSL in my area, so I came home to no TV and no Internet. Uh. How does one function? I instead chucked in a movie and tried to remain calm. Watched Saw V and then watched Coraline the whole way through (I've seen it, but not in one session).

Gladly, while I was at work today they fixed my DSL. The DirecTV guy comes tomorrow morning, so hopefully that will be resolved again too. Of course, I was worried I wouldn't have the DSL and be stuck here to "work" from home in the morning without a connection.

I busted a little butt this evening vacuuming, doing some dishes and laundry - you know the things that didn't get touched this weekend. As I wrapped some of that up the work started to get the gas insert in on my fireplace (yay). So, at least I can stay warm while I'm sitting here eating milkbones all winter. Yes, things still look pretty bleak. I did discover that furlough allows you to remain on the healthcare for your normal premiums. However, furlough is maxed out at 12 weeks at which point in time you are terminated. Given the gap running til February, that's not good. I've tried hunting for some telecommuting jobs too with little success. Still gotta get the apt rented - at a minimum. Fingers cramping from being crossed for too long.

No comments: