Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Monday, I'm blissfully at home... yay! I took today off as part of a weekend odyssey with the fam. Friday night was a lia sophia meeting, so things didn't get rolling until Saturday when I headed down to Toona for the family reunion. This sounds to be the last one they'll be having, so it was important to be there and even better to have Jackie and the kids in.

We did talk about trying to hit Shakespeare in the Park later on Saturday night, but as warm as it was it just drained us, I say us, but mostly me. Instead the gals, that's my sister, niece, my nephew's gal, and I headed to Kohl's. A bit later than planned, I headed up the mountain with the three youngins in tow.

Sunday we decided to make the drive to Falling Water, which was a pleasant surprise - I wasn't expecting it to be as 'much' as it was. Gladly, being in amongst the trees and water it was a bit cooler than most everywhere else. From there we headed to Lauren Caverns, but were a bit too late to do the tour. Instead we just did some quick 'mining for gemstones' and got a laugh. Back on the road to Jingletown and it was time for a feast at the Orchard.

As for today, mom and Jackie are heading up the mountain. This saves me another drive down to return everyone in between two 'appointments' here at the house. Got one estimate on Friday for the roofing issue, another to come today. We'll see how things pan out. It might be wise to just invest in having A frames added above the living room in order to put a real roof up there. Thoughts?

No comments: