Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dear medical community,
I know that you went to school for a very long time and worked hard to earn your medical degree. As part of your education I would anticipate time management to have been critical to your success. As such, there truly is no reason for a 10:40 appointment to have me wait until 11:20 to move into a room and see the doctor at 11:30.

I too have to work. It is this job that provides me the health insurance (and income to supplement said insurance) which then makes payment to you. I wish we were allowed to bill you for every minute of our time that you waste in the waiting room. The least you'd better do when you come in is apologize for being behind schedule and have a sense of humor.

I also shouldn't, during the course of waiting in the lobby, see numerous people come in after me and get called before me. Especially folks who are clearly retired, or the mother toting 3 kids, or billy-bob, his ABF-haired blushing bride, and their brood.

Oh... and if you want me to maintain patience, please change the waiting room channel off of ellen. Or perhaps this is just all part of your master plan to torture?

No comments: