Saturday, March 27, 2010

I was up by 9 today for a morning appointment in Westmont. As I pulled in it hit me - the sun is out, I don't have anything I HAVE to do here in Jingletown, and I'm already a third of the way there... so after I left my appointment I headed to Greensburg. First a stop at Pier One where I got some cute litle things (lots on clearance there) and a multi-picture frame for mom as she's been wanting one. It will be a good final item for her Easter basket. From there to Burlington! I usually score well in clothes there, particularly skirts. Intead today I left with a pair of jean shorts, a longer sleeved summer shirt, and a table for the kitchen.

As many know, I've had the kitchen partially ripped up for quite a while. When I finally get it finished I wanted to put a new small table and chairs in there, replacing the ones the Laws so graciously passed on to me a few years back. Maybe this purchase will help inspire me to get working in there again soon. We shall see. I had to laugh because I think the youngin that was helping me was smitten. He complimented my hair, had the guys up front get him when I checked out so he could take it to my car, and said it was a nice car. It was quite flattering, especially noting his youth.

My final stop before returning to the Jingle was Chick-Fil-A. When I first left I had designs on hitting the Olive Garden, but when I saw the sign I gave in to that desire and have been sipping my refill of sweet tea (carolina crack) all afternoon since.

I've been back for several hours at this point and have just done some chilling, which is feeling necesary, despite the other must dos on the list. It's just too bad. There will be plenty of warmer days to go rake the rest of the rocks from the front yard, lay mulch and seeds, and put out the summery decorations. Tonight I have a hankering for some sushi, but I'm feeling a bit lazy. While I often go there alone and it isn't a problem to do so, I'm feeling needy today, but just about everyone seems to be out of town. Boo on ya'll :)

No comments: